A brain tumor is a growth of abnormal cells in the brain. It may be benign or malignant. Brain tumors may begin in the brain (primary) or begin in another part of the body and spread to the brain (secondary). Their location and growth rate determine how brain tumors will affect the nervous system.
What are the treatment options for brain tumors?
Surgical treatment will depend on the type of brain tumor and its size and location, among other factors. Removing even a small portion of a brain tumor can reduce symptoms.
- If the tumor is in an accessible location, your surgeon may remove as much of it as possible.
- If the tumor is located near a sensitive area of the brain or cannot be separated from surrounding tissue, your surgeon may remove as much of the tumor as can be safely removed.
Nonsurgical treatments for brain tumors
Other treatments for brain tumors include:
- Targeted drug therapy
- Radiation therapy
- Radiosurgery – a highly focused type of radiation treatment to kill tumor cells in a small area
Why choose Achieve Brain & Spine?
- We provide high-quality patient care, evidence-based management, experienced and cutting-edge surgical techniques, and optimal patient outcomes. We offer collaborative treatments with our oncology colleagues as well as surgical procedures.
- You will have full access to our surgeons, who offer unparalleled experience and empathy. Through this difficult time, our medical team will spend the time needed to educate you and your family on your options and what to expect with treatment and recovery.
- We believe in inclusivity and diversity and treat every patient as a VIP – just as we would treat a member of our own families.
© Achieve Brain & Spine. All Rights Reserved. Website and Marketing: S3E, Digital Marketing Company Los Angeles